SafeHouse of Shelby County Residential Services offer emergency and long-term housing options, as well as wraparound services, for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Emergency Shelter: SafeHouse provides 24-hour emergency shelter for individuals and their dependent family who are fleeing domestic and/or sexual violence. Our 56-bed gated facility offers around-the-clock advocacy from trained staff in a confidential location. Scheduled childcare and limited transportation assistance available for shelter residents.
Supportive Housing: Our community-based residential assistance program provides support for survivors seeking housing outside of shelter. Income-qualifying individuals may receive financial assistance related to rent, utilities, and moving expenses.
Additional support services available to housing participants may include:
- Safety planning
- Referrals for childcare, medical, and other needs
- Crisis counseling and support groups
- Job search and resume’ building assistance
- Educational and therapeutic workshops
- Enrollment in food and medical benefits programs